MOORE TEA CITIZENS is a group of individuals united by our shared concern over excessive spending by an out-of-control Federal Government that has exceeded bounds set by the US Constitution.
As an organization, we believe that adherence to the US Constitution will result in a Limited Federal Government, Fiscal Responsibility, and Free Markets.
We also recognize the strength of grassroots organizing powered by activism and civic responsibility at a local level. MOORE TEA CITIZENS' mission is to organize like-minded individuals, educate and inform others based on our core values, to secure public policy consistent with those values, and to positively affect the outcome of elections.
Located in the Sandhills of North Carolina, hundreds of members of MOORE (County) TEA (Taxed Enough Already) CITIZENS formed in 2009. In MOORE TEA'S first rally over 1,000 people came out on Tax Day, April 15th to protest the massive tax and spend government programs advocated by the Obama Administration. The group has since grown and been involved in a variety of activities expressing the group's support for limited government, lower taxes, and a responsible approach to managing the nation's deficit, among other issues.
MOORE TEA CITIZENS' core values are the values that America was founded on and they have roots in our shared heritage and belief in natural law. They derive from a belief in free will and the primacy of individuals responsible for their own actions.
* The US Constitution protects the rights of individuals
* The US Constitution grants certain enumerated powers to the Federal government
* The US Constitution specifically prohibits the Federal government from some actions
* The US Constitution reserves all other powers to the States and to the People
* Further, we believe that the Federal government borrows and spends too much money because it has expanded beyond its authorized enumerated powers